Intellectual property covers the legal rights, which result from intellectual activity in the industrial, scientific, literary and artistic fields. According to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), the main areas of intellectual property include:
- Inventions in all fields of human endeavor
- Industrial designs
- Trademarks, service marks and commercial names
- Literary, artistic and scientific works
- Artistic performances and broadcasts
Through the use of intellectual property information, companies can strengthen their competitive advantage, save time and money, minimize liability and protect their investments in research and development. Access to complete, accurate and update information on patents, trademarks, copyrights and domain names is therefore essential for business activity.
With global coverage of intellectual property data, Teldan offers the most comprehensive and reliable collection of Patents, Trademarks and Copyright sources.
Proquest-CSA Company, spans the world's most comprehensive online collection of intellectual property information, covering:
- Over 15 million patents from 60 countries
- More than 14 million trademark records from 19 countries and international authorities
- Over 99 million domain name records
- 10 million copyright records